Oakdale Children's Nursery is housed in a former Baptist Mission, which has strong links within the local community dating back
100 years. The building was converted for sole use as a children's day nursery in 1998. The nursery is fitted out to a high standard and of course, satisfies the requirements of the Children Act and Ofsted regulations.
All the areas used by the
children are at ground level. There are different areas for different
- New -born to walkers have their own room
- Walkers -2 years have their own room
- 2 to 3 year olds have an open-plan area
- 3 to 5 year olds have an open plan area
Each room is designed to meet the children's needs. The open-plan nature of the two larger rooms is especially good at preparing children for the bustle of primary school.
We have a large outside play area divided into different areas.
We also cater for a small group of school aged children (5 yrs to 7 yrs 11 months). This includes dropping off the children and picking them up from local primary schools. Holiday care is also available.
We believe that we;
- Deliver top quality childcare at competitive prices
- Provide a happy, safe and
stimulating environment in which your child can develop to his or her full potential.
- Treat each child as an individual.
- Respect and value cultural and religious beliefs.
- Operate non-sexist, non-violent and non-racist policies.
- Enhance the development and education of the children.
- Work in partnership with you as the child's parent/guardian.
Working with Parents
We know that leaving a child at nursery for the first time is not easy, but working together will
enable all concerned to support the child. We have settling-in sessions which give parents, staff and children the opportunity to build up a good relationship. Parents can call us at any time during the day and speak to a member of staff in your Child's room and check on the child's progress.
We actively encourage parents to be involved in the Nursery (as much as working life allows). The ways in which you can help include:
- Providing information/expertise and resources for different topics.
- Helping with events
- Joining us on outings
- Social evenings.
Ready To Move
When your child is ready to change rooms we will tell you beforehand. The child will then visit the room with a familiar member of staff, and this will familiarise the child with the new surroundings. Then they will have a couple of visits on their own for an hour or so and when the child has settled they will be moved to their new room.